- Doctoral degree in library and information science, information management, information and communication, educational technology and related fields
2. Documents Required:
- Photocopy of doctoral diploma. Those who have not yet received the diploma at the time of application must provide a formal statement from the degree granting institution indicating that it will be in hand by the time of appointment
- Transcripts of the master’s and doctoral studies
- Photocopy of working experience certification
- List of publications and the full text of the representative and supporting works (must include print copy in the application package; must also send the electronic files to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The applicant should designate his/her representative and supporting works and provide the full text of the works for the hiring review. The representative work should include at least two published journal articles/book chapters or one scholarly monograph. Doctoral dissertation may serve as the applicant’s representative work if assistant professor is the intended rank.
- The representative works should be published no earlier than August, 2016. The supporting works should be published no earlier than August, 2014.
- For the definition of representative works please refer to: https://edu.law.moe.gov.tw/LawContent.aspx?id=FL008629
- Course plans and syllabi (must include course introduction, teaching goals, weekly schedules for 18 weeks, and required readings).
3. Other Requirements:
- Ability to teach in Mandarin Chinese and English.
- The applicants who pass preliminary review by our review board will be invited to give a presentation to our faculty (travel expenses to be paid for by applicant)
- All application materials will not be returned.
4. Date of appointment and position official rank:
- Appointment begins on August 1, 2021,or February 1, 2022. Official rank appointed is according to working experience and qualifications.
5. Application deadline: Jan. 15, 2021
6. How to apply:
All the documents must be prepared in printed format and mailed to Department of Library and Information Science.
Professor Chi-Shiou Lin
Department of Library and Information Science, National Taiwan University
No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei 10617, Taiwan, R. O. C.