- Doctoral degree in library and information science, information management, information and communication, educational technology and related fields
- Those who can teach required courses in LIS are preferred
- Photocopy of doctoral diploma; Those who have not yet received the diploma at the time of application must provide a formal statement from the degree granting institution indicating that it will be in hand by the time of appointment
- Transcripts of the master’s and doctoral studies
- Photocopy of working experience certification
- List of publications and the full text of the representative and supporting works (must include print copy in the application package; must also send the electronic files to firstname.lastname@example.org )
The applicant should designate his/her representative and supporting works and provide the full text of the works for the hiring review. The representative work should include at least two published journal articles/book chapters or one scholarly monograph. Doctoral dissertation may serve as the applicant’s representative work if assistant professor is the intended rank. If appointment begins on February 1, 2023, the representative works should be published no earlier than February, 2018, and the supporting works should be published no earlier than February, 2016. If appointment begins on August 1, 2023, the representative works should be published no earlier than August, 2018, and the supporting works should be published no earlier than August, 2016.
【The definition of representative works please refer to: https://edu.law.moe.gov.tw/EngLawList.aspx?id=FL008629】
- Course plans and syllabi (must include course introduction, teaching goals, weekly schedules for 16 weeks, and required readings).
- The applicants who pass preliminary review by our review board will be invited to give a presentation to our faculty (travel expenses to be paid by applicant)
- All applications will not be returned.
Appointment begins on February 1, 2023 or August 1, 2023. Official rank appointed is according to working experience and qualifications.
5. Application deadline: July 20, 2022
6. How to apply:
- All the documents must be prepared in printed format and mailed to Department of Library and Information Science
Professor Chi-Shiou Lin
Department of Library and Information Science, National Taiwan University
No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei 10617, Taiwan, R. O. C.
- The applicants who are abroad can email the electronic package. If the applicant is recommended by the search committee as a candidate for external review, the department staff will notify and will have to receive the complete hard copy of application.