- Love of home decor and basic knowledge of furniture terms. Any prior design experience preferred.
- Ability to engage with a customer and offer a genuine positive opinion and sales attitude. Your success in this organization will be determined by how well you interact with customers and generate repeat customer interest as well as completing a sale.
- Be courteous, professional and demonstrate an elevated style sensibility in design.
- Be extremely organized and able to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment juggling multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel in a Mac based environment
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
- Must love dogs and children
- Be able to work 9-6PM Monday through Friday. Can be negotiable to 10AM start time.
This position includes but is not limited to:
- Following up with shipping on orders
- Updating inventory
- Updating our social media calendar
- Daily follow up with customers and product related questions
- Managing claims and processing new orders
- Answering phones
This is primarily a customer service/ assistant to the founder position. When you are not answering the phones, you may be asked to crop and clean images, edit inventory, or even take photos of our mascot, Lucia. The position is very dynamic and everyday is slightly different with a lot of moving parts. With the right person- travel to regional shows and European shows would be considered.
Please reach out if you are ALL of the above, have a strong desire to grow in a fashion based furniture/ decor company, love all things stylish and chic, and most importantly, be an excellent customer service representative that brings a proactive, entrepreneurial spirit to our team.
We are located just north of Manhattan in the historical Riverdale section of the Bronx- we are on the 1 train, and is about 45 minutes from Time Square. Work environment is casual (no dress code) and in a home office environment. Transportation costs will be reimbursed.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
- Location: Riverdale, Bronx
- Compensation: $15-$20/ Hour- Commensurate with experience.
- This is a contract job.