Ideas and experience in innovative teaching will be an asset, while a strong research track record commensurate with the rank of appointment is essential. The successful candidates will be required to teach and supervise students at both undergraduate and graduate levels, and establish a strong, externally-funded research program. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or a closely-related field. Candidates should have a demonstrated track record of technical, academic (excellence, or promise of excellence, in teaching and scholarly research) and professional achievement appropriate to the level of their appointment. Eligible, successful applicants will be assisted in the application of a bonus award offered by the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Taiwan. Preference will be given to those applicants who have received grant or award from the MOST Einstein program, Columbus program, or Ta-You Wu Memorial Award.
If interested, a complete application should include:
1. One-page application form (https://mybox.ncku.edu.tw/navigate/s/F2A1A48FE34B41D3AB877E129F7AD342GSY);2. A copy of current employment certificate;
3. A detailed curriculum vita highlighting career achievements, areas of research, teaching experience, list of publications, representative publications (at most 5), and awards/honors, as well as research grants and students supervised (the last two items are especially important for the Associate or Full Professor position);
4. Three reference letters (sent by referee via e-mail in PDF format to the Search Committee Chairman);
5. A copy of doctoral degree certificate, or a letter stating the expected graduation date with the signature of the applicant’s thesis advisor;
6. Transcripts or academic records of both undergraduate and graduate studies (optional for applicants of Full professor position);
7. A statement of teaching interests with course outlines;
8. A statement of research plans detailing the intended projects to be pursued, envisioned resources, and external funding ideas to allow executing the research plans (maximum 3 pages);
9. Other materials that help demonstrate the applicant’s accomplishments (such as certificates of awards, patents, etc.)
Complete application must be sent to email@example.com by Aug 17, 2020, with the aforementioned documents (except for the reference letters) combined into a single PDF file. Please indicate “[Applicant’s Name] to NCKU ME Search Committee” in the Subject of the email message. Confirmation of received application normally will be sent to the applicant within one week.
Contact person: Professor Chao-Chieh Lan (Chairman of the Search Committee)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan